If you’re a casual gamer on Steam, you may want to add some of your own real-life personality traits to your public profile on Steam. A good way to do this is to replace your profile picture on Steam with a custom avatar.
You can change your Steam profile picture using the Steam desktop app or via the Steam website. The steps for both methods are the same, so you should be able to perform these steps using the client or the website.
Changing Profile Picture on Steam
1. To change avatar, first open the Steam client on your Windows PC or Mac, or visit the Steam website and sign in to your account. After signing in, select your account username from the top right corner and select “view profileSelect “.
2. In the profile menu of your account, “Edit ProfileSelect ”. Thus, you will be logged into the profile editing screen.
3. To change your profile picture, go to the profile settings of your Steam account.AvatarSelect “. The “Avatar” option will take you to the profile picture change screen.
4. In the “Avatar” menu, click “ to upload a new profile picture.Upload your avatarClick the ” button. This image must be at least 184 pixels by 184 pixels. Alternatively, you can choose one of the Steam-provided profile pictures below. Click the “See All” button to see all Steam avatars.
5. You can preview your new profile picture after you upload it (or choose one of the pre-existing options) at the top of the menu. When you’re ready to apply the change to your profile, “SaveClick the ” button.
Once saved, your new profile picture will be instantly visible to your friends, followers, and other users on your Steam profile (unless Steam decides to make your profile private in your privacy settings).