Everyone loves the good old games of the past, and some argue that the newest versions cannot be compared to them.
If you share this mindset, you must have heard of GOG.com (formerly Good Old Games), a digital distribution platform for video games.
This neat video game distribution platform mostly looks at gems of the past.
Moreover, they manage to offer them DRM-free.
However, not everyone in the world has access to a high-speed Internet connection.
Therefore, when you want to play a game, it can take forever and sometimes even longer to download it again.
Therefore, users can learn how to backup GOG titles on their hard drives. curiosity they do.
How can I download and keep GOG games on backup drives?
1. Backup with GOG Galaxy
- GOG Galaxy open.
- from your library choose a game.
- Load or Play’s next to other Click.
- Substitutes and gifts choose.
- Game Backup Copy Select the game below.
- of the backup to finish wait.
2. Download an offline backup game installer
- go GOG website
- Login with your account do it.
- Move your mouse on the home page Your account name bring it on.
- From the drop-down list Games choose.
- Move your mouse over the game you want to download and press the down arrow that appears.
- DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD choose.
- Choose OFFLINE BACKUP GAME INSTALLERS and DOWNLOAD
- Click on each file and it will start downloading via your browser or a download manager.
Note that this second method will download the base game just as it installs it on GOG.
This means that any subsequent updates will only take effect the next time you open the GOG Galaxy app and have an Internet connection.
Apart from that, both these methods allow you to backup your games to a location of your choosing.
It means you can even back it up to an external hard drive and plug it in whenever you see fit.
What’s more, you don’t need to have GOG Galaxy installed on your PC to install or run games.
In addition, since the games are DRM-free, they will not be detected as pirated content and hence their use is 100% legal.