Latte is a delicious type of coffee that consists of espresso coffee and milk. The word latte means milk in Italian. We can say that the word cafe latte is an abbreviation for the mixture of coffee and milk (used as caffe e latteve in Italian).
This coffee, which is frequently consumed all over the world, attracts everyone who drinks it with its flavor. In addition, the drawings made by bistros on lattes create a visual feast and even competitions are held in this area.
How to Make a Latte
As we say latte, it consists of a mixture of espresso and milk. You need an espresso coffee pot or espresso machine to make a latte at home.
Ingredients needed to make latte;
- Espresso coffee pot or machine (You can take a look at how to make espresso with the machine in our article How to Drink Espresso)
- Coffee (You can use ready-made coffees sold in packages, or you can grind the coffee beans very finely at home or in coffee shops and use them for latte making.)
How to Prepare and Drink Latte?
- Open the espresso coffee pot. Fill the lower part with water so that it does not open the safety valve.
- Put the filter on the part where you put the water. Put the coffee in the filter and press it with a spoon so that it becomes flat.
- Rotate the top of the coffee pot over the filter and place it firmly.
- Put the prepared coffee pot on the stove and cook the coffee until you hear a bubbling sound.
- Heat the desired amount of milk in the espresso coffee pot. Whisk the heated milk with a whisk.
- Take some of the cooked coffee into the cup and slowly add the foamed milk on it. After adding the rest of the coffee, with the help of a spoon, add the foam on the milk to the cup.
- You can serve it with white chocolate or use small Turkish delights.
- If you want to shape the latte, you need to add the heated milk into the coffee with a few small hand movements.